Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Need Stocking Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by James722, Mar 19, 2019.

1. James722New MemberMember

I have a 150 gallon aquarium. One amazon sword, gravel bottom, and some driftwood and large pvc pieces for tunnels. Tank is running two fx6s and two sponge filters.

Currently have common pleco around 10 inches and a poly bichir around 8 inches.
    I'm looking to add either one or a pair that get at least 12 inches.
    I'm leaning towards a Midas cichlid/ Synspilum cichlid. No Oscar's though. So wondering what would be best set up one or a pair. I also thought about flowerhorn but heard they get too mean and it's hard to get a good quality one around here.
    Any ideas or suggestions.

Also want to add after I add the one or pair I wont ne stocking anymore fish to it.

2. Momgoose56Well Known MemberMember

Synspilum Cichlids are awesome! A m/f pair would be great and they're pretty good with other fish the same size. You'll need a good tight tank lid and great filtration for this group of giant poopers, but that combo would look awesome!

3. James722New MemberMember

I have glass lids on and I had to secure the top just in case my bichir got any ideas. I know my pleco will hold his own since they are like tanks . I just want to make sure my bichir will be good he will have hiding spots. Thanks for response