Need Stocking Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Smalltownfishfriend, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Well Known Member Member

Hi all
    So due to some fish dying.. I think it was unstable water parameters.. I now have something stocking issues.. if someone would help me out I would appreciate it! I currently have a 29 gallon long tank. I have 1 dwarf gourami.. had a pair but the male died. One Molly, 3 emerald corydoras 3 silver tipped tetras.. or silver winged whatever they are! And one albino bristlenose pleco! I am open to rehoming if nessasary.. I want to keep my Cory's though!! Thanks in advance! Also.. I love shrimp.. and snails so yea if I could add them.m:)

2. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

I'm going to tag @TexasDomer on this.

IMO, I'd rehome the molly, and bump up the emerald cories and Tetras to 6-8. other than that, I'd say your ok. You could do a few snails (nerite, mystery). I'd be cautious with shrimp because of the gourami. Is the tank planted?

3. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

Ok!! Thank you! I might do that.. just because the Molly is a little agressive also! I might add a snail or two! It has a ivy plant hanging in it and a moss ball.. I am 100 percent planning on getting a few more plants as soon as I make it to my lfs!

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Emmy's advice is on point! I don't think you have to rehome the molly unless you want to - one is fine in this tank size. But if it's aggressive, rehoming sounds like a good option!

You could do something like this?

1x BN pleco
    8x Emerald cories
    8-10x Silver tip tetra
    8-10x Cherry barbs
    1x Dwarf gourami
    2x Amano shrimp
    2-4x Nerite snails

5. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

Hey thanks allot!! I like the idea!! I probably will do something like that.. right now my tank looks pretty barren!! Not a whole lot happening!! I will start adding fish as soon as I get to my lfs!!!:) It's an hour away.. there is a Petco closer but.... Most my fish from there did not do the greatest!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice