Need Stocking Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Smalltownfishfriend, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Smalltownfishfriend

SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

Hi all
    So due to some fish dying.. I think it was unstable water parameters.. I now have something stocking issues.. if someone would help me out I would appreciate it! I currently have a 29 gallon long tank. I have 1 dwarf gourami.. had a pair but the male died. One Molly, 3 emerald corydoras 3 silver tipped tetras.. or silver winged whatever they are! And one albino bristlenose pleco! I am open to rehoming if nessasary.. I want to keep my Cory's though!! Thanks in advance! Also.. I love shrimp.. and snails so yea if I could add them.m:)

2. emmysjj

emmysjjWell Known MemberMember

I'm going to tag @TexasDomer on this.

IMO, I'd rehome the molly, and bump up the emerald cories and Tetras to 6-8. other than that, I'd say your ok. You could do a few snails (nerite, mystery). I'd be cautious with shrimp because of the gourami. Is the tank planted?

3. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

Ok!! Thank you! I might do that.. just because the Molly is a little agressive also! I might add a snail or two! It has a ivy plant hanging in it and a moss ball.. I am 100 percent planning on getting a few more plants as soon as I make it to my lfs!

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomerFishlore LegendMember

Emmy's advice is on point! I don't think you have to rehome the molly unless you want to - one is fine in this tank size. But if it's aggressive, rehoming sounds like a good option!

You could do something like this?

1x BN pleco
    8x Emerald cories
    8-10x Silver tip tetra
    8-10x Cherry barbs
    1x Dwarf gourami
    2x Amano shrimp
    2-4x Nerite snails

5. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

Hey thanks allot!! I like the idea!! I probably will do something like that.. right now my tank looks pretty barren!! Not a whole lot happening!! I will start adding fish as soon as I get to my lfs!!!:) It's an hour away.. there is a Petco closer but.... Most my fish from there did not do the greatest!!!!