Need something creative for my last tank. 10 Gallon Tank

1. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Alright guys help me stock my last empty tank!

I had put a hold on stocking this tank since I had taken home a little anole to try to help it gain weight, well needless to say it couldn't hold on. :(

Now I'm planning on starting it back up. I plan to use filter media from my other 10 gallon to cycle it. I have some time before I'm going to actually start stocking it because finals week is coming up I'm just looking for suggestions.

I am kinda wanting something that I don't already have so bettas are out of the question. I've been toying with the idea of ADFs or maybe a neon tetra tank with tons of live plants.

Maybe something else?

2. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

A neon tetra tank with plants would look awesome!

I'm researching Kerri Tetras. I'm finding some conflicting information though. Some people say they are Emperor Tetras, others say it's a different subspecies. They are a cool blue and color up fantastically when not stressed and fed well!

Not sure how many would go in a 10 gallon. Maybe 5?
    5 Kerri Tetras
    4 Albino Cory cats
    tons of plants and dark substrate!

3. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

oops too many cories sorry... hmm. Red Cherry Shrimp to contrast with the tetras.

4. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I definatly will not put cories of any type in a 10 gallon, much too small for a fish that explores often.

I'm worried the kerri tetras will get too large. It says they reach 1.5" and personally I think a school of 1.5" fish may be too much.

I'm debating doing shrimp too. They aren't easy to get around here other than ghostys and most places you order from online you pay an arm and a leg and have to get them in huge groups.

5. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

a group of sparkling or honey gouramis would be pretty! If you're looking for something unusual you could do a pea puffer, as long as you are okay with live or frozen food, they hardly ever take flake/ pellet.

6. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Hummm I forgot all about puffers! I may consider it I just have to look around for a place to get one. I feed frozen pretty regularly (around every other day) so that wouldn't be a big deal but other than ghost shrimp there really isn't a good place to get live around here.

7. mtsguy21 Well Known Member Member

My kerris are all 2 inches or more. What about micro rasboras?

8. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

celestial pearl danios. nuff said.

oh yeah and shrimp for cleanup.

9. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

10. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

Hummm I haven't seen them around here but I could order some.....hummm the possibilities!

I really want CPDs I just need to find some first :p

Ooo I didn't think about real worms.

11. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I must say that I have enjoyed ADF's Immensely! they are hilarious and awesome! Worth looking in to ;D

12. mtsguy21 Well Known Member Member

13. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Endlers are also pretty awesome. ;D

14. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I've always wanted to get them and never actually do it. How many do you think I could put into a 10?

I'm not a fan of endlers to be honest. I just think they're bleh. I thought about guppies but I don't think that's going to happen either.

15. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

If you just have frogs, you could probably do 6. I am no frog expert by any means. Frogbreeder here in FL has tons of really great info. Helped me out a lot. ADF's are a ton of fun. Sooo worth it. They are carnivores and really like frozen foods. Mine go nuts bloodworms.

16. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

yeah I would keep them in a heavily planted and over filtered tank I just don't want them crowded.

17. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

They are so much fun! great personalities! I wish I had gotten them a lot sooner.