Need some info on propagating my Amazon Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesL

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just recently bought an Amazon Sword and I've just got a few questions about it.

1) Is the "runner" the green stem-like thing coming from the parent plant, the one that (obviously) isn't a leaf?

2) If that's the case, as far as the other mini Amazon Swords, I've heard you have to wait for their roots to start growing before you can propagate them. However, I've also read that you have to untangle their roots from the parent's roots....On my Sword, I have what I think is a runner with a good 2 or 3 smaller plants growing off of it (one more just starting to grow), but none of the mini ones have grown roots. My question here is - are the roots going to be completely obvious as far as what they look like? Will they resemble to parent's root system or just have like, 3-4 tiny roots by the time it's alright to propagate?

I was just curious about those couple questions. Also, I think it'd be extremely helpful to the FL community if people were to start documenting themselves propagating plants. If people are propagating them, they might as well take pics and post instructions. Then the mods can just make a sticky thread of "How to propagate various plants." Just a thought! (It'd also be really nice if someone were to do this with their Amazon Sword so that I could immediately benefit )

OP
J

JamesL

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Actually, that's exactly what I was thinking of, but with a larger variety of plants (hopefully Amazon Sword ). Still curious about those questions if anyone's got the answers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.3%

Top Bottom