Need some help with plant ID :)

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Kwig, Jul 30, 2015.

1. KwigWell Known MemberMember

Hey guys. Pretty new to aquatic plants and just need some help with ID. Most of these I have an idea about but I'm curious if any are incorrectly labeled. Some I have no clue.

uploadfromtaptalk1438286459199.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438286541452.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438286561641.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438286579246.jpg

Let's hope I attached these images correctly. Sorry they're sideways!

2. CindiL

CindiLFishlore LegendMember

Bottom one looks like a sword plant to me. How were they labeled?

3. chrt396

chrt396Well Known MemberMember

The top one is a banana plant and you bury 1/2 the banana cluster. Leave the other half exposed. Of course..you know you have a moss ball. I have some of those lettuce looking leaves plant in my 90 and for the life of me I cannot remember what it was. It grows like a weed!

4. OP
    OP
    K

KwigWell Known MemberMember

Bottom one, the largest I also think is some type of sword. It came potted, tag missing and they are sold under an assorted potted plant Sku. It's got a small bulb at the base and had one long runner reaching for the surface with four baby plants. One of the baby plants is in that top picture, in my RCS tank. All of them get root tabs and have been pretty happy. Just wish I knew what kind.
    The one that I'm absolutely not sure about is in the second picture. It's got darker, thinner leaves that are almost wavy.
    I also know I have dwarf hairgrass. I have Wisteria. Anacharis and some Marino moss balls in my RCS tank.
    In the bottom pictures, do those look like baby swords? I usually let any clippings or new Wisteria float until it gets some decent roots and I found those little ones floating around at various times.

Another one I'm clueless about is the one in the back in the first pic. The little lily pad looking leaves. I got an unlabeled bunch and split it. The one on the right side of that tank, which isn't pictured, has much more broad leaves that look like lily pads. The pictured one has smaller, more bunched, and darker. I'm not sure of its actually the same plant or not.
    It is just clippings that I gathered at the base and planted that way. Does it look like it could be frog it?

Pretty sure I have no banana plants. All the ones I've seen have bigger leaves and less of them, plus the banana cluster. I know the cluster can drop off though. But I'm doubtful.

5. OP
    OP
    K

Bump, as well as wondering if anyone else has experienced any fish losses when dosing Flourish Excel?

6. CindiL

CindiLFishlore LegendMember

No, are you dosing per the directions? And not more than every 24 hours?

7. OP
    OP
    K

Yes! I think I'll try to cut back a little and see if it makes a difference. I lost two cherry barbs within a week of each other and that's the only variable that makes sense. Water is perfect. 0, 0, 10ppm. Temp is steady at about 80F (is this too warm? They've been at 80 to 81.5F for almost 2 months.)
    I was dosing Excel daily for a while and kept losing the random fish. Assumed it was because the tank was still pretty new. Weekly water changes with aged, heated water, usually about 50% or a little more (dealing with tannins.)

I'm at a loss. Still stuck with ID on some of the plants.

8. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

1 and 2 look like crypts to me, 3 (if you're asking about the grass like plant) is a micro sword.
    Also, I don't see among that looks like frogbit in your pictures, not site what plant you mean with the lily pad looking parts...
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice