need some help reviving near dead taiwan moss

LyndaB
I received 3 sections of taiwan moss in the mail yesterday. Only 1 really has much green to speak of and has already started perking up quite well. The other 2 sections are mostly brown with very little specks of green in there. What would be the best method to revive the moss?

x

CichlidSWAGA
Maybe try trimming off some of the dead stuff or wait it out and see if it comes back

LyndaB
I figured I'd give it at least a few days to see if more perks up. I have seen maybe a tad more green on the two sections I thought were dead. I'll do some hand trimming this weekend and see what's what.

Thanks for your input!

Dlondon95
TrI'm off any mushy parts that are definitely dead. If you have any liquid ferts, give it a nice dose of them.

Dino
I agree with Dillion, dose a little heavy with the ferts.

Aquarist
HI LyndaB,

I had some Java Moss in my 33g tank and it didn't do too well so I removed it. It had attached itself to driftwood on its own, just a strand of it remained and is actually growing now. Kind of odd seeing 1 strand of Java Moss.

Personally I think I would remove the brown and only keep the green even if it's just a sprig or two. As long as its green it should come back. Very slowly though.

Ken

LyndaB
Thanks everyone. I'll dose with ferts when I get home from work and see what happens. It may have been my tired eyes this morning, but I think I saw a tad more green on some of the previously pretty much dead stuff.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Gwyn
Replies
Views
Dennis57
Replies
Views
Underwood
Replies
Views