Need rat cage

Shrimpgeek

Member
Hi, I've done a lot of research on rats, and would like to get some. (Not from the pet store) does anyone have a good sized cage I could have/buy? Not over 25 dollars, please.
I'm in Indiana.
Suggestions appreciated
 

flyinGourami

Member
Shrimpgeek said:
Hi, I've done a lot of research on rats, and would like to get some. (Not from the pet store) does anyone have a good sized cage I could have/buy? Not over 25 dollars, please.
I'm in Indiana.
Suggestions appreciated
I don't have any cages and everything. You could try craiglist but I don't think anyones going to sell you a rat cage for under 25 unless they REALLY want to get rid of it. Suitable cages are pretty big so they can get expensive, the cheapest is around 70 ish.
 

SM1199

Member
bgntoc beat me to it, but since I've already got it typed up, I'll still post it -

I'm afraid you might not get a good response here, as you are limited by location, pet of interest that isn't specific to this forum, and your financial capability. Rats need quite a large enclosure and the cages often run in the range of hundreds of dollars when new. You might have better luck somewhere else like on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist, but if you are not willing to invest over $25 on rats, consider how much everything else will cost - toys, food, vet bills - and possibly reconsider keeping rats, or up your budget.
 
  • Thread Starter

Shrimpgeek

Member
bgntoc said:
I don't have any cages and everything. You could try craiglist but I don't think anyones going to sell you a rat cage for under 25 unless they REALLY want to get rid of it. Suitable cages are pretty big so they can get expensive, the cheapest is around 70 ish.
I don't really want pay that much... looked on Craigslist. Anywhere else? Don't have Facebook.
 
  • Thread Starter

Shrimpgeek

Member
I can afford it, but still don't want to pay that much.
 

SM1199

Member
I don't mean to be harsh, but you cannot expect people to lower their prices because you don't want to pay that much. They will simply find another buyer who is willing to pay their asking price, as there are many people willing to pay $50+ for a used cage.
 
  • Thread Starter

Shrimpgeek

Member
SM1199 said:
I don't mean to be harsh, but you cannot expect people to lower their prices because you don't want to pay that much. They will simply find another buyer who is willing to pay their asking price, as there are many people willing to pay $50+ for a used cage.
Yeah, I know. Just hoping someone was really desperate to get rid of one.
 

david1978

Member
I had more then that invested in a guinea pig cage and half the supplies I already had.
 

86 ssinit

Member
I’m still confused. Are you looking for a cage to keep rats or are you looking to go out and catch rats?
 

CichlidFreak7000

Member
The MidWest Critter Nation cage is very large, but its also very expensive. The cheapest way to obtain a cage is if you build it yourself. But if you build it yourself, its highly likely for you to make mistakes, sometimes resulting in your pets death. I think that you should just pay the $100 for a good cage instead of seaching for a cheap cage
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom