Need rat cage

Shrimpgeek

Hi, I've done a lot of research on rats, and would like to get some. (Not from the pet store) does anyone have a good sized cage I could have/buy? Not over 25 dollars, please.
I'm in Indiana.
Suggestions appreciated

flyinGourami

Shrimpgeek said:
Hi, I've done a lot of research on rats, and would like to get some. (Not from the pet store) does anyone have a good sized cage I could have/buy? Not over 25 dollars, please.
I'm in Indiana.
Suggestions appreciated
I don't have any cages and everything. You could try craiglist but I don't think anyones going to sell you a rat cage for under 25 unless they REALLY want to get rid of it. Suitable cages are pretty big so they can get expensive, the cheapest is around 70 ish.

SM1199

bgntoc beat me to it, but since I've already got it typed up, I'll still post it -

I'm afraid you might not get a good response here, as you are limited by location, pet of interest that isn't specific to this forum, and your financial capability. Rats need quite a large enclosure and the cages often run in the range of hundreds of dollars when new. You might have better luck somewhere else like on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist, but if you are not willing to invest over $25 on rats, consider how much everything else will cost - toys, food, vet bills - and possibly reconsider keeping rats, or up your budget.

Shrimpgeek

bgntoc said:
I don't have any cages and everything. You could try craiglist but I don't think anyones going to sell you a rat cage for under 25 unless they REALLY want to get rid of it. Suitable cages are pretty big so they can get expensive, the cheapest is around 70 ish.
I don't really want pay that much... looked on Craigslist. Anywhere else? Don't have Facebook.

Shrimpgeek

I can afford it, but still don't want to pay that much.

SM1199

I don't mean to be harsh, but you cannot expect people to lower their prices because you don't want to pay that much. They will simply find another buyer who is willing to pay their asking price, as there are many people willing to pay $50+ for a used cage.

Shrimpgeek

SM1199 said:
I don't mean to be harsh, but you cannot expect people to lower their prices because you don't want to pay that much. They will simply find another buyer who is willing to pay their asking price, as there are many people willing to pay $50+ for a used cage.
Yeah, I know. Just hoping someone was really desperate to get rid of one.

david1978

I had more then that invested in a guinea pig cage and half the supplies I already had.

86 ssinit

I’m still confused. Are you looking for a cage to keep rats or are you looking to go out and catch rats?

CichlidFreak7000

The MidWest Critter Nation cage is very large, but its also very expensive. The cheapest way to obtain a cage is if you build it yourself. But if you build it yourself, its highly likely for you to make mistakes, sometimes resulting in your pets death. I think that you should just pay the $100 for a good cage instead of seaching for a cheap cage

Latest threads

Top Bottom