Need prayers

bassbonediva
This isn't something I'd normally do, turning to people I barely know on an online forum, but my family needs all the help we can get.

Four weeks ago, my mom (age 67) was diagnosed with uterine cancer. The doctors said they had caught it early, and they operated two weeks ago Saturday (so on the 6th). From what the doctors said, the operation was a success and they got it all. My mom was sent home the next day. Then this past Friday (the 19th), she had some unusual swelling and my dad rushed her the two hours down to the hospital where she was operated on. After a bit of run around, the doctor finally admitted that it looked like the cancer had spread to her lymph glands. She has an appointment today to find out exactly where they stand and what their options are.

If you could all include my mom and my family in your prayers, it would be appreciated more than you know.

Thanks in advance,

-Paige

Advertisement
AlexAlex
My thoughts are with you, your mother and surrounding family and friends.

catsma_97504
Sending prayers. Hopefully the swelling is something unrelated.

Find out what stage the uterine cancer wad at. I went through the same thing just last summer. Anything I can help with, even if to answer questions, let me know.

Please keep us posted.

Advertisement
bassbonediva
Thanks, Dena. The swelling was unrelated to the cancer, but related to the surgery (well, the type of surgery they did).

The only thing I could think yesterday after I called her was "How am I going to tell my son?" (he's 8). That turned to anger when I found out from my sister that my ex-husband has been kept in the loop throughout everything...but I haven't. I don't know if they were trying to protect me because I'm the youngest or what, but that really hurt.

My mom has her follow-up appointment today, so hopefully we'll get some positive news. I've already told my boyfriend that if my mom has to have chemo and loses her hair, that I'm going to shave my head so that she's not the only one that's bald in our family.

Matt B
I know words can only do so much in a situation like this but I thought I would say I like to think that a higher power puts these obstacles in front of us knowing we can overcome, when it goes from bad to worse, I think it can bring out strength we didn't know we had. All the best to you and yours.
Keep your chin up.

Advertisement
Aquarist
Good morning,

Best wishes for you and your family. Prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

Ken

shellieca
Will keep your family in my prayers.

bassbonediva
I know words can only do so much in a situation like this but I thought I would say I like to think that a higher power puts these obstacles in front of us knowing we can overcome, when it goes from bad to worse, I think it can bring out strength we didn't know we had. All the best to you and yours.
Keep your chin up.

We're lucky that we have our faith during this time. And I'm lucky that I have my boyfriend. I don't know if I could handle this nearly as well as I have been if it wasn't for him.

JessiNoel21
My prayers go out to your family. My mom is a 7 yrs Breast(stage 3), Uterine(stage 4), and Cervical(stage 2) and when she went through chemo all the females in my family shaved our heads.

guppilove
I will def add your mom and your family to my prayers. Take care, hopefully things get better for you soon.

tunastrack
Thanks, Dena. The swelling was unrelated to the cancer, but related to the surgery (well, the type of surgery they did).

The only thing I could think yesterday after I called her was "How am I going to tell my son?" (he's 8). That turned to anger when I found out from my sister that my ex-husband has been kept in the loop throughout everything...but I haven't. I don't know if they were trying to protect me because I'm the youngest or what, but that really hurt.

My mom has her follow-up appointment today, so hopefully we'll get some positive news. I've already told my boyfriend that if my mom has to have chemo and loses her hair, that I'm going to shave my head so that she's not the only one that's bald in our family.

I too shaved my head when my mom went through chemo for lung cancer. I understand exactly what you are going through and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. ***hugs***

bassbonediva
I too shaved my head when my mom went through chemo for lung cancer. I understand exactly what you are going through and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. ***hugs***

Was it weird with your head shaved? Did you get funny looks? I don't care about the funny looks, to be honest. I'm just more curious than anything else.

JessiNoel21
Was it weird with your head shaved? Did you get funny looks? I don't care about the funny looks, to be honest. I'm just more curious than anything else.

The first few days after doing it was weird seeing my hair was 28 inches long. So I had to get used to no weight being there. People looked but I did not care. I loved being bald cuz I knew I was doing it to support the one person I love the most in this world. I never was a daddys girl I am mommas girl. Heck I am 31 yrs old and I still call her Mommy. And I hope Taleigh and me have the same bond me and my mom have cuz it is truly special. I pray your mom has a full recovery and is cancer free soon.

bassbonediva
Thanks, JessiNoel. My mom was going through menopause when I was a teenager, so for a while, we hated each other. I've always been a daddy's girl. However, in the last few years, my mom and I have grown A LOT closer. There have been things that I have talked about with my mom that I would never even think of approaching my dad about (and I share just about everything with my dad).

My hair isn't that long (almost to the bottom of my shoulder blades) and it is kinda thin now (have had one pregnancy and one miscarriage...after the miscarriage is when it really started coming out/thinning...that's also when my mom and I got closer because she's gone through that too), so I doubt I'll miss it that much.

Shock
God bless your Mom and your family. I pray things improve soon.

hssea
Hugs and prayers for your mom and family

tunastrack

No not really, because I usually wore a wig. I had went to the beauty supply shop and bought one for me and my mom. Both exactly alike. She wore hers till the day she passed away even thought most of her hair had grown back. She liked it more than her own hair...lol..

It did feel really weird though. The best way to describe it is you know how it feels after you shave/wax your upper lip? Like that. And I was cold a lot. So when I was at home etc I usually had a beanie I wore.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was thinking of you today so sought out this post. How is your mom doing??

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
psalm18.2
Replies
Views
Sokamix
Replies
Views
MissMTS
Replies
Views