Need Opinions With My Co2 Setup

Ryan P

So I've recently decided to try a glass diffuser for my CO2 setup on my 60 gallon planted tank.
I'm surprised that my drop checker doesn't change color if it does it's very minimal.

Here's some pic of the gauges on my regulator when it's on.

IMG-20181121-200226.jpg

IMG-20181121-201208.jpg
I'm using the sera flore precision diffuser. And it has a built in bubble counter.

My concern is even if I have the valve control maxed out on my regulator I can't increase the bps on my diffuser.

Here's a vid of how much co2 is being diffused and how many bps.
[video=640,360]
[/video].

Is my diffuser still in its breaking in stage? Only had it for couple of days.

Or is there and issue with my CO2 tank? Regulator?
Or should I just go back to my ista mixmax reactor?
Reason of the switch is my reactor cuts the flow on my fluval 406 with noticeable amount.

Hope someone can help me with this. TIA

Zigi Zig

Hello
There is no issues with your regulator or bubble diffuser either, you should try improve your circulation you want fresh water and the Co2 you’re adding to reach every corner of the tank so all plants can benefit. Adjust your filter flow or consider a small if you suspect there are any dead spots.
I have been using co2 reactors for long time I haven't notice any big flow drop longest is install correctly I also pushing water thru UV as well.. Where did you place your diffuser and drop checker?
View media item 243558View media item 245187

Ryan P

HI ZigI Zig
I do have a small circulation fan above where the diffuser is placed. Here's a pic of my tank

1282600803.png

So on the right side that's where the diffuser is hidden. There's a wavemaker and the outflow on the same side. Also on the left side is where my drop checker is placed plus there's a AC100 on the left side for additional flow.

It's just weird because when I was using my reactor I can even make my drop checker to yellow if I over turn my regulator.

Zigi Zig

Ok do you have co2 and lights on timer if you do so what is your schedule.

Ryan P

Yes, I have them set for 8 hrs a day (used to have it on only for 6 hours, but wanted to test out longer hours since plants have rooted and established properly), co2 turns on 1 hour before the lights and turns off 1 hour before the lights.
I honestly can see the micro bubbles all over my tank when co2 is on.

What I'm thinking is, could it be my drop checker solution is bad already (if it can even go bad).
Or that I have too much surface agitation that the co2 just escapes? cause I have the output, and wavemaker pointed up plus the agitation that the AC100 makes.

Thoughts?

Zigi Zig

Yes, I have them set for 8 hrs a day (used to have it on only for 6 hours, but wanted to test out longer hours since plants have rooted and established properly), co2 turns on 1 hour before the lights and turns off 1 hour before the lights.
I honestly can see the micro bubbles all over my tank when co2 is on.

What I'm thinking is, could it be my drop checker solution is bad already (if it can even go bad).
Or that I have too much surface agitation that the co2 just escapes? cause I have the output, and wavemaker pointed up plus the agitation that the AC100 makes.

Thoughts?
There could be possible since you have high lights it means your plants consume twice more nutrition and co2 that's why your checker not getting to green..I have solution in my for months still doing ok

Ryan P

There could be possible since you have high lights it means your plants consume twice more nutrition and co2 that's why your checker not getting to green..I have solution in my for months still doing ok
Thanks for the replies Zigi, I'm just baffled I actually reduced my light equipments from, 2x THO fixture plus 1 48" Full spectrum LED to just the LED and removed the T5 fixtures because I thought that was the reason why my anubias is having dark/black spots on majority of the leaves. I guess I'll monitor it for 2 weeks and see how my plants respond

Zigi Zig

Thanks for the replies Zigi, I'm just baffled I actually reduced my light equipments from, 2x THO fixture plus 1 48" Full spectrum LED to just the LED and removed the T5 fixtures because I thought that was the reason why my anubias is having dark/black spots on majority of the leaves. I guess I'll monitor it for 2 weeks and see how my plants respond
I have same think with anubias but is on edges but pleco and algae eaters take care of that..
View media item 245208

Ryan P

Mine was with my nana petite and s. Repens

IMG-20181114-175251.jpg

IMG-20181114-175236.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SotaAquatics
Replies
Views