Need Opinions On Some Food Lol

JamieXPXP
so ive been looking into some freeze dried food for my betta by HikarI since I can't get frozen(no where here sells them) and I want to give him a bit of a variety of foods and also HikarI shrimp cuisine.
I want to know if any of your fishes and shrimp like these food:
Freeze dried blood worms
freeze dried brine shrimp
freeze dried daphnia
Shrimp cuisine
all are made by hikarI (never used their stuff before) so I want to hear your thoughts

Paradise fish
My shrimp will eat anything that's edible but not alive.
Bettas have their personalities. Some will eat very well and others will spit out everything except one food.

Not being offensive, but, I'm having a really hard time believing that a store that sells high quality HikarI foods don't sell frozen foods...

JamieXPXP
My shrimp will eat anything that's edible but not alive.
Bettas have their personalities. Some will eat very well and others will spit out everything except one food.

Not being offensive, but, I'm having a really hard time believing that a store that sells high quality HikarI foods don't sell frozen foods...
my store only sells hikarI betta food and other food for fish but not freeze dried or frozen so I'm ordering lol

they also don't sell shrimp food so I'm ordering it all off of amazon. >.> I rarely buy stuff my that store unless its for my cats lol

CanadianJoeh
I've been using Nutrafin Max tropical flakes for my community tank and everyone seems to love them. When I turn the tank lights back on every morning they shoot up to the surface!

As for shrimp, I'm pretty sure they'll eat anything.

Cheers

WTFish?
I don't have shrimp but my Betta likes these as a treat, I've never tried frozen for him, sad I know, in fact I think I'll get something this weekend....hmmm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 48
JamieXPXP
I don't have shrimp but my Betta likes these as a treat, I've never tried frozen for him, sad I know, in fact I think I'll get something this weekend....hmmm
I like that how you don't need to buy separate things for them lol it comes all together

I've been using Nutrafin Max tropical flakes for my community tank and everyone seems to love them. When I turn the tank lights back on every morning they shoot up to the surface!

As for shrimp, I'm pretty sure they'll eat anything.

Cheers
nah my shrimp are picky. they won't eat wafers and I don't want to leave too much betta food behind for them lol

Pastel.Fish.
De-thawed frozen food is the best thing to feed bettas, freeze dried foods from what I`ve read expand in bettas stomachs and can cause issues. If there`s any way to get frozen food you should get it, if not soak the freeze dried food before letting your betta eat it! Hope this helps! c:

CanadianJoeh
nah my shrimp are picky. they won't eat wafers and I don't want to leave too much betta food behind for them lol
What kind of shrimp do you have?

JamieXPXP
De-thawing frozen food is the best thing to feed bettas, freeze dried foods from what I`ve read expand in bettas stomachs and can cause issues. If there`s any way to get frozen food you should get it, if not soak the freeze dried food before letting your betta eat it! Hope this helps! c:
ive looked for frozen and I haven't found any so far. I will probably soak them once when I get the freeze dried.

What kind of shrimp do you have?
ghost shrimp

hmm I will probably get the hikarI stuff since they have a lot of nutrients compared to the other freeze dried food from different companies. although still not sure about the shrimp food not sure if I should get a different brand or get the hikarI lol

CanadianJoeh
ive looked for frozen and I haven't found any so far. I will probably soak them once when I get the freeze dried.

ghost shrimp

I've always known Ghost Shrimp as not being picky eaters! Looks like you got a tough group

JamieXPXP
I've always known Ghost Shrimp as not being picky eaters! Looks like you got a tough group
yes I do it makes it a pain but they are just lucky they are cute haha

CanadianJoeh
yes I do it makes it a pain but they are just lucky they are cute haha
Best of luck! It seems as though the others will be more helpful

JamieXPXP
Best of luck! It seems as though the others will be more helpful
thanks ^.^

JamieXPXP
have you guys have had any expierience with San Francisco Bay frozen fish food?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Gene987
Replies
Views
FishFandom
Replies
Views
hrrenee
Replies
Views