Need lighting advice please?

belveder69

Hi, I have a 160cm x 60cm x 60cm tank. It is quite heavily planted, nothing to fancy though.

In it I have South American cichlids, rainbow fish & tetra's.

I have become real interested in growing house plants (done a bit of research to see plants more suitable) along the back of the tank and only the roots in the water.

I know I need a couple taller lights and they have to be rgb but I would like help or advice choosing a couple lights that I can mount to the back of the tank (wife won't let me hang a light of the roof rofl) and not cost to much. I am currently running an rgb led light the length of the tank, it's a little raised of the top but I know it has to a bit higher

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Flyfisha

I would suggest you don’t need any extra lighting other than the aquarium light. House plants are generally low light plants and will get enough from the light bouncing back off the lid or back off the water.

The aquarium lights are off at the moment but perhaps you can see this pothos ( bunch of ) plant.
image.jpgJust one 2 foot Fluval light running on 45% power for 7 hours.

edit ,
Actually most of the plant is behind the tank and you can’t see it so well without being able to see into the tank.

image.jpg

belveder69

Thanks for that, really wasn't expecting that answer but it works for me lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Zach72202
  • Question
Replies
Views
mxnewss
Replies