Need Info On These Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by atmmachine816, Apr 8, 2006.

1. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I called up a lfs and these are the plants they have and what info I know about them:

peppermint charlie:nothing
    arrowhead: not fully aquatic
    Brazilian sword:not fully aquatic
    pond lily bulbs: nothing
    peacelily:nothing
    hairgrass:nothing

I can't find much info on these plants, anybody know anything I haven't put up yet would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Austin

2. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I think hairgrass needs high lighting. and I would guess the pond lily is gonna get really big.
    I think your best bet for getting plant info is to go to the library and pick up an aquarium book with a good plant section.

3. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

You can go to   and click on the plant guide. There is a search option on the right hand top corner where you can put these common names in and see if you find anything that way. Another way is just to look through all the photos.

4. OP
    OP
    atmmachine816

I had already did what you said Gunnie, only half of them turned up, most of the plants are not aquatic anyways, and I'm not going to support that lfs anymore if possible due to some things they are doing. (read my other post)

Austin

5. nap83New MemberMember

a REAL lfs will carry Aquatic Plants, some can be grown emersed but that's it. never buy anything that is not truly aquatic or cannot be grown submersed, they're scamming you and you need to find a better lfs.

6. OP
    OP
    atmmachine816

Yes I know that, a good rule is if it can support it self outside the water it's probably not fully aquatic. The problem is I'm not able to order stuff off the interenet and my parents can only once in awhile take me to one of the good petstores that are far away.

Austin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice