Need Info On Changes

Discussion in 'Water Changes' started by Mike150, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Mike150

Mike150New MemberMember

i have a 150 gal tank. If I do a large water change what are some ideas for the water? I have been filling 5 gallon jugs with water to use, but to do a 25-50 percent change I would have to pump it in from a hose and then the temp would be too low and I am concerned the fish would go into shock. How do you folks do it?

Btw running a Fluval 4x canister and I am super impressed with it. Easy clean, great engineering, and easy cleaning. Just my $02

2. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I wait for the water to equal out with the water that the fish are in.

3. max h

max hWell Known MemberMember

The easiest thing would be to get a Python or Aqueon water change system. On filling the tank try to match the tap water temperature to the tank temperature as close as possible. Treat the water with the dechlorinator prior to doing your refill for the whole volume of the tank. Prime is the conditioner of choice.

4. Fanatic

You'd get more use out of a vacuum thats bigger, and gets the job done more efficiently.

5. OP
    OP
    Mike150

Mike150New MemberMember

Got my python yesterday and tonight will be its first usage. Looks like a simple, well thought out device. I had to buy the 100 footer due to distance to water source, but beats carrying 5 gallon water hugs.

Thanks for all the helpful tips

6. Fanatic

Sounds like a good product!

You are most welcome, just come here when you need help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice