greengoddess

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hi all. I have an establsished, 29gal tall containing a betta sorority, two albino cory, two peppered cory, a handful of cherry and amano shrimp, two nerites, and seven neon tetra. It's planted, and also contains driftwood. All water parameters are where they should be.

I noticed ich yesterday, and began treatment today: raising the temp to 80 (can't go higher b/c the cory and the shrimp,) adding an airstone, and adding aquarium salt. I've read I need to add 1 teaspoon salt per gallon; that seems like a lot, and I'm nervous to do so. I added 6 teaspoons, thinking that's a start.

I'd really appreciate some guidance on this: Is that measurement accurate? If so, should I add it all at once, or stagger it? Also, do I need to replenish the salt with each water change over the course of treatment (basing it per gallons removed/added?) Thanks so much.

FishMommer

Valued Member
Reaction score
No Idea about the salt remedy. But if it helps I used something called Herbtana by Microbe Lift when 1 then 2 Glowfish had ich. The other 2 never got it and it was all gone by the time I finished the dosage? It's some kind of natural blend remedy. Recommended by someone at Petco I think.

Other than that hope someone else can give you further assistance. I have no idea if salt would affect the Herbtana if you wanted to try it. I have heard that it can help. All the best to you!

OP
greengoddess

greengoddess

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I was trying to avoid harsh chemicals, but since time is of the essence, I broke out the Jungle Ick Care II after a 50% water change. I'll do additional changes each day during the course of treatment, as well as substrate vaccuming (I have sand.) Fingers crossed!

Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom