Need Help!

FishGirl23

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
today I noticed that my snails were hiding and usually that’s not weird and last a few minutes but today their trap doors were farther inside their shell. Are they dead? Are their shells growing too fast? They’ve been closed up all day.

Can someone please let me know what’s going on?

Attachments

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Your water quality may have suddenly changed and could have caused the snails to hide in their shells and become less active. Make sure your water temperature and water quality has not suddenly changed.

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FishGirl23 said:
today I noticed that my snails were hiding and usually that’s not weird and last a few minutes but today their trap doors were farther inside their shell. Are they dead? Are their shells growing too fast? They’ve been closed up all day.

Can someone please let me know what’s going on?
The easiest way to tell if they are dead... Pick them up and give them a sniff.. the smell is unmistakable!!

FishLoverEmma0

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Smalltownfishfriend said:
The easiest way to tell if they are dead... Pick them up and give them a sniff.. the smell is unmistakable!!
Yes! I have experienced that smell many times in the past with my assassin snailssnailssnailssnails.

FishGirl23

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Nothings drastically changed, the water went down a degree tho so maybe that’s it? Thankfully they don’t smell!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom