need help with this plant

Mr.Cody
Well I have had this plant for a wile now about 3 months or longer I have looked in many places to find the name of it as I would like to get more of them

Most of the things I come across say thereto are not fully aquatic

It would probly help if I accualy knew the name so I could do real research and not guessing search with pictures but here is a picture I found the plant in the middle is the one I would like to know about if anyone could help me that would be great
I will take pictures of mine tomorrow as my lights are off for the night and you can't see it with the lunar lights on

Any information on this plant would be great even if it is just a name so I can do research on it

RogueAgent94
The plant in the middle is a terrestrial fern. Looks like a Borneo Fern.

Mr.Cody
Thanks I'll look into it

Do you know anything about it or atleast if it is completely submersible if not it is ok I appreciate the name it helped a lot I'm going to look around and see what I can find

RogueAgent94
It rots when it is completely submerged. It is a terrarium plant. It likes warm humid air but doesn't like to be in overly wet soil.

Mr.Cody
So I just looked at 5 different sites and they all say it is not an aquatic plant and will die off if submerged

Mine has been submerged completely for around 3-5 months and has grown has produced more leaves and has grown it's stock hasn't grown a ton but has grown about 2.5-3 inches and has 3 times the leaves it did when I first got it

RogueAgent94
Ferns are very hardy plants. They can survive being submerged for a couple of months (max is 14 months from my experience) but that doesn't mean it is good for them. They grow faster and healthier when they are not underwater.

catsma_97504
Left front looks like an anubias plant. Right back looks like java fern. If you can get a shot of the roots we can verify if this is what these are.

Mr.Cody
That pic wasn't mine it's from google I was trying to find a plant that looked like it because I tried to take a pic but couldn't see it under the lunar lights going to take a pic tomorrow to see if it is the same thing

so do you think I should remove it
I kind of don't want to get rid of it or atleast until I get new plants my rainbow shark eats it sometimes

Ok so I just realized I took pics for anouther post earlier it's on the rite

IMG_20120620_215639.jpg

Aquarist
Good morning,

I have removed the photo in post #1 due to the fact you've stated the photo was not yours, in post #8 above.

You've also stated the photo was found on Google, however, Google does not take photos and is not sufficient credit.

Members above are correct, the plant in question is a non-aquatic fern. It may grow for a while but will eventually stop growing and fade away.

For future reference, here is a link to Non-aquatic plants often used and sold for aquarium use:

One more:

Thanks!

Ken

Mr.Cody
Thanks for the link Ken

I know it wasn't really googles picture I just found it on a search I was doing threw google

But the pic in post 8 is mine and it is the same plant

So thanks for the help everyone I will be replacing it when I get the rest of my plants and decor

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Bamboothebetta
Replies
Views
Joey Meza
Replies
Views
COHiker
Replies