need help with tank selection 55 Gallon Tank

1. s

sylice8 Valued Member Member

;D:;hi1 hi so far for my new tank im setting up i have a RTS(my fav) a krib a convict chiclid a school of rainbows i was wondering what other chiclids i could have with the combo so far also i kinda want one with pretty color any suggestion please let me know!!:;hi1;D

2. iloveengl

iloveengl Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with cichlids, but it sounds like a pretty tank. Someone with more experience should have some good ideas for you. :)

3. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

I love your setup! I'm not much of a cichlid expert eather but a Firemouth would be a nice addition. Just have to wait and see what others have to say.

4. t

theshiftys_jm Valued Member Member

Serverums would be a nice touch too!

5. OP
    OP
    s

thank u guys im looking for one more chiclid to go with what i have i was think about a firemouth but he does not have much color so i was tryng to find a South American chicild with a litlle more color

6. kribensis keeper

kribensis keeper Valued Member Member

you could add another krib or convict

7. OP
    OP
    s

yea but if they mate then im worried that there will be a problem since there so protective?

8. FishHobbiest

FishHobbiest Well Known Member Member

You could always get a Julie or two those are nice fish, they come in two colors white/black and yellow/black

9. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

By julie do you mean julidochromis from lake tangyanika? If so these aren't compatible.

Hmm, how about a blue acara, or a blood parrot or 2 :)

10. rae64

rae64 Well Known Member Member

the blood parrots (sorry i know nothing about them) at my LFS are adorable, always hanging out inside this bell decoration. i dont know if it is healty or not, but they always squeeze themselved in there (multiple ones too!) the only thing i do know about them is the like buddies.

11. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Jack Dempseys have nice coloring but grow to approx 9". I really liked the one I had awhile back but gave him away due to wanting different fish.