need help with tank selection 55 Gallon Tank

1. sylice8 Member Member

;D:;hi1 hi so far for my new tank im setting up i have a RTS(my fav) a krib a convict chiclid a school of rainbows i was wondering what other chiclids i could have with the combo so far also i kinda want one with pretty color any suggestion please let me know!!:;hi1;D

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with cichlids, but it sounds like a pretty tank. Someone with more experience should have some good ideas for you. :)

3. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

I love your setup! I'm not much of a cichlid expert eather but a Firemouth would be a nice addition. Just have to wait and see what others have to say.

4. theshiftys_jm Member Member

Serverums would be a nice touch too!

5. sylice8 Member Member

thank u guys im looking for one more chiclid to go with what i have i was think about a firemouth but he does not have much color so i was tryng to find a South American chicild with a litlle more color

6. kribensis keeper Member Member

you could add another krib or convict

7. sylice8 Member Member

yea but if they mate then im worried that there will be a problem since there so protective?

8. FishHobbiest Well Known Member Member

You could always get a Julie or two those are nice fish, they come in two colors white/black and yellow/black

9. platy ben Well Known Member Member

By julie do you mean julidochromis from lake tangyanika? If so these aren't compatible.

Hmm, how about a blue acara, or a blood parrot or 2 :)

10. rae64 Well Known Member Member

the blood parrots (sorry i know nothing about them) at my LFS are adorable, always hanging out inside this bell decoration. i dont know if it is healty or not, but they always squeeze themselved in there (multiple ones too!) the only thing i do know about them is the like buddies.

11. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Jack Dempseys have nice coloring but grow to approx 9". I really liked the one I had awhile back but gave him away due to wanting different fish.