Need help with tank mate advice on my Leopard Bush Fish

Kris33

I've got a quick question for ANYONE that'll simply help!! I have two Leopard Ctenopoma's also known as the Leopard Bush Fish and one was bullying the other as well as of course eating every other fish (that's what they are predator fish) ones in my 60 others in my 40 they are both about 3-5" max! Is there any suggestions on tank mates that you know would be a good idea... The ones I'm aware of isn't really what I'm looking for as far as the Congo Tetra's Cory's Syno's etc I already have those I'm looking for advice on other fish that'll work I have 5 tanks so I KNOW this is a fish that gets HUGE as well so that being said? If anyone else wants to please help?? My one that's in the 60 is literally by himself with Cory's and two Rainbows just looking for ideas please!! Thanks in advance!!

awilkinson871

When I was researching what to put with my convicts and turquoise jewel cichlid it was recommended to add leopard bush fish. They seem to do well with many cichlids due to size, aggression, and tank requirements.

Upvote 0

Kris33

When I was researching what to put with my convicts and turquoise jewel cichlid it was recommended to add leopard bush fish. They seem to do well with many cichlids due to size, aggression, and tank requirements.
Yeah it’s crazy because I have Convict fry that I’ve literally been raising since they were the size of sperm LOL the turquoise jewel I did hear about that and seen it in a tang with somebody on YouTube everybody else just says literally Syno's Cory's blue Acuras but they get a decent size themselves

Upvote 0

wishuponafish

I usually see them living with other oddballs like knifefish, eels, larger characins, and what awilkinson871 said. I keep mine with my fahaka puffer and they get along for now but I know it's a bad idea.

Upvote 0

Kris33

I have also heard of them working with silver dollars, bala sharks, catfish and dats (Datnioides) on other sites. Obviously tank size is a big issue.
Thaat is EXACTLY another huge issue that the 60 gallon tank is definitely not going to be enough room for not just the Leo but with Bala Shark's, I've heard of the Silver Dollars as well and dats.... It's almost there no other way to say that the WHOLE tank is evolving around one fish

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views
Seth15
Replies
Views
Crotalus
  • Question