NEED Help with tang! something Wrong??

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by wxohio88, Apr 1, 2010.

1. w

wxohio88 New Member Member

My tang which I just got today now has a white lines down the middle of him on both sides. They werent there 10 mins ago and just bang white lines? It looks nothing like ich. This was right after I turned the light off. Whats wrong?

2. carlos413

carlos413 Valued Member Member

Can you post some pics?

3. ATP

ATP Well Known Member Member

What kind of tang? Certain fish changes colors when its dark

4. carlos413

carlos413 Valued Member Member

Tangs need alot of swiming room. The smaler ones can be kept in a 75 gallon minimum. When they don't have the room they require they tend to stress out and get sick.

5. locoyo386

locoyo386 Well Known Member Member

I am guessing it is a Yellow Tang, or a Zebrasoma. They undergo color changes and when that happens they show a distinct white line on each side of their bodies. The cause of their color change can be due to the fact that you had just turned the lights off. Also note that stress can have the same affect on the fish. Just make sure your Tang is not stressed and it will be OK.

6. s

smileyfish Valued Member Member

It's ok, my first saltwater fish was a tang and it had the same exact thing happen to it on the first day and it happened every day for a while until eventually it faded away. It's just stress of moving to a new tank, it should be a distant memory within a week or so.

7. d

dee34 Valued Member Member

hi there ive a yellow tang about 2 months now and it does the same thing , it the way the tang re-acts to the lights whan they are off and on !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice