NEED Help with tang! something Wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxohio88

Reaction score
My tang which I just got today now has a white lines down the middle of him on both sides. They werent there 10 mins ago and just bang white lines? It looks nothing like ich. This was right after I turned the light off. Whats wrong?

carlos413

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Tangs need alot of swiming room. The smaler ones can be kept in a 75 gallon minimum. When they don't have the room they require they tend to stress out and get sick.

locoyo386

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My tang which I just got today now has a white lines down the middle of him on both sides. They werent there 10 mins ago and just bang white lines? It looks nothing like ich. This was right after I turned the light off. Whats wrong?
I am guessing it is a Yellow Tang, or a Zebrasoma. They undergo color changes and when that happens they show a distinct white line on each side of their bodies. The cause of their color change can be due to the fact that you had just turned the lights off. Also note that stress can have the same affect on the fish. Just make sure your Tang is not stressed and it will be OK.

smileyfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's ok, my first saltwater fish was a tang and it had the same exact thing happen to it on the first day and it happened every day for a while until eventually it faded away. It's just stress of moving to a new tank, it should be a distant memory within a week or so.

dee34

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hi there ive a yellow tang about 2 months now and it does the same thing , it the way the tang re-acts to the lights whan they are off and on !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 42 64.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 18.5%

Top Bottom