Need help with stocking 55 Gallon Tank 

Crazy Crays24

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello everyone I would appreciate some help with my tank...

I just recently got a brand new 55 gallon aquarium and I'm hoping on starting the cycle this weekend, so while that's going on I would like some help on stocking ideas.

The tank is going to be a cichlid tank, I want to do a mix of Africans and a few South/Central Americans.

Here is an idea that I have...

1 pair of convicts (they don't hurt anybody, they just usually chase anyone who gets too close)

1 young flowerhorn

A couple of Africans that are compatible temperment wise

And I want an oddball fish or 2 (any ideas?)

If anyone has any suggestions on the oddballs or anything else I could do, then that would be great.

Thank you for your time

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Presumable you are planning river African rather than lake, given the water requirements? I'm afraid I can't ehlp you on species.
Oddball fish - does a synodontis of some sort count? they work well with cichlids of different water types by what I have read.

Crazy Crays24

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for the reply...
I might look into the synodontis, they seem pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion, that's basically the reason why I posted this thread, was to get ideas on compatible oddball fish... Please keep 'em commin'

Crazy Crays24

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Alright, I've done some research on oddball fish and I think I want to go with a featherfin catfish and a black ghost knife fish... I just need to find out if the BGK would be compatible with the cichlids... Does anyone know?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads