Need Help With Stocking A Malawi Tank

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by C.S.Aquarium, Jun 20, 2018.

1. C

C.S.Aquarium New Member Member

Ive decided to start an African cichlid tank based around fish from Lake Malawi. I have a 125 gallon tank, 2 aquaclear 110s and plan on buying a sponge filter. I plan on getting a good amount of fish and do 50% water changes once a week. so far from the research I have done these fish are what have been recommended to me. I also have read yellow labs work well so I wanted to know if that's true. So far this is what I have

3-5 yellow labs
    3- blue dolphins
    5- peacocks
    1-3 redfin Haps
    1- Makonde yellow black fin
    1- nimbochromis Venestus
    1- synodontis Eupterus

any feedback would be appreciated and if anyone has any changes to the stocking list or has any fish to add to this list would also be appreciated.

2. FishFor2018

FishFor2018 Well Known Member Member

Aulonocara maylandi
    Electric Blue Cichlid
    those two are really cool Cichlid's!
    Post some pictures when its done please!!! :)

3. OP
    OP
    C

:emoji_ok_hand:thanks for the recommendations I will definitely post photos once the tanks all setup

4. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Your list looks fine, but make sure you have plenty of different rock formations around the tank so each species can have an area they can call their territory. They like their own houses and will even move the substrate around as if they are rearranging furniture.

5. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Artificial rock formations from the pet shop or online are safer than a bunch of heavy rocks and they look nice.

6. OP
    OP
    C

:emoji_thumbsup:I never really thought artifiial rocks I'll definitley check those out thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice