Need Help With Pictus Catfish Disease

JMariarossi09

Reaction score
I need help! I have 2 pictus catfish with some Angel's in my tank. The other morning I noticed some white spots on both of them. I immediately started raising temp gradually to 85 (I already run my tanks at 82 with a little salt as precautions)and added more salt thinking it was ich. Well now a week in and nothing has changed. None of the other fish have white spots and this isn't going away. Is there something else this could be and how do I treat it. I'm doing 25% WC daily since this started. Nothing new has been added in months. And they've been in this tank with the angels since January. Water perimeters are
Ph is 7.4
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5.0-10

Attachments

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not sure you are actually dealing with Ick. Ick is more uniform in size, salt-like parasites. Its always difficult to diagnois from pics, but you might be dealing with a slime coat problem. It looks like the slime coat is peeling.
Ick doesn't spread to other fish at 85 degrees, and does not reproduce at 86 - 89 degrees.
Might be a good idea to bump the temp up to 86 or 87 degrees & increase aeration for a few more days to complete the heat treatment. No more salt.
Seachem's StressGuard would be useful helping the catfish heal up. Good luck.

New Threads