Need Help with my Betta Tank Divider

1. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

Hi guys, I'm putting a divider into my 20 gallon community tank that I am soon going to turn into a split Betta tank, I've done a lot of research, but my question is this.

"OK, so I have the dividers in, but the Crochet Mesh I'm using is too soft, so it's sort of forming an S shape.

View attachment 199358

it is creating small gapes on the area between the tank glass and divider sides, am I using the wrong mesh? I can't post a link to the site I'm using the tutorial off of because there are some not age appropriate places you can go from that page, ( View attachment 199359 I don't know why they have to stick that in there) But other then that it's a good tutorial."

This is a quote from my other thread https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/betta-fish/233056-changing-stock.html. I had to open a new thread because people who have answers to this question will not be looking in the thread named "Changing Stock."

Anyway, if anyone has Ideas, that would be really great. Thank you!

2. Jim

Jim Well Known Member Member

Think of a piece of plastic about a foot long and 1 inch wide. Now, fold over the one inch wide part so the measurement is a foot long by 1/2 inch wide. The 1/2 inch wide has spring to it so that anything places in between the gap stays. These things are sold in Walmart as paper binders or in the poster section to use as poster frames. I siliconed these to the sides of the tank and put one across the top for rigidity. Works great. Don't forget to use GEnSilicone I or original. It has to mold inhibitors.

3. OP
    OP
    mg13

OMG, that's brilliant, thank you! I'll see what I can do

4. OP
    OP
    mg13

Ok, I fixed it, I went to look at it again, just to see what is going on again, and I saw the Binder Spines I used to do the edges of the divider, I thought, "hmm, what if I put that on the top?"

IMG_9869.JPG

IMG_9870.JPG

So, I have no S, and the edges are firmly pressed to the sides of the tank, and so It's solved, thank you so much!

EDIT: the water is low because I'm doing a water change. I figured that it would be easier to mess with the gravel and re-arrange plants with less water.