Need help with musk turtle

greywolf56

Hello,

My partner and I are thinking of getting some musk turtles. we will have a tank with the following dimensions: 100 cm L 61 cm deep (front to back) and 61 cm high. I think that equates to around 340 litres.

We have several questions as neither of us had turtles before.
1. How many turtles should we get for this tank size?

2. Are there fish that can go with them? I've been researching and the internet says zebra danios or their variants could be alright because they swim fast enough and school. Does anyone have any experiance with keeping fish with musk turtles? It will be a planted tank.

3. I know otos are not good tank companions as they are too small. Are there any suggestions of what clean up crew I could have? Barite snails maybe?

4. Not related to tank mates, but would you say a floating or above tank basking area would be best? The floating one looks tidier, but the above tank one helps maximise the aquarium. So I would really appreciate the thoughts of someone with experiance.

Thank you so much. Sorry for all the questions. Even if you can help me with some of the questions it would be wonderful. I rather get everything as close to right from the beginning rather than correcting mistakes along the way that's all. :) Thank you again.

Redshark1

If I were wanting information and owner's advice about Musk Turtles I would go to Monsterfishkeepers.com as you can search for lots of information on there and I find my questions are often answered many times before I even start posting questions.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Solved
20 Gallon Tank Musk turtle in 20g tall?
Replies
Views
FishWithTim
Replies
Views
Celestialpearl
  • Stephen Milway
  • Reptile
Replies