need help with molly fry!

1. Kendra Initiate Member

My molly fries are 2.5 weeks old now. The mother is a silver balloon molly. I have no idea who the father is, she got pregnant in the petshop. The babies are all silver now. I put them back into the main tank two days ago as they are about 1-1.5cm big now. This afternoon I noticed a molly fry who is not very active and appear to sink to the bottom of the tank. There is brown colour appearing around the head area. I put the fry back into the nursery bag attached to the main tank and had to rush out for a seminar. I came back two hours later. The fry seem ok (not as inactive as before). But one of his/her eye has gone totally black in two hours (all of them had a black eye ball with white eye lid around it). The brown colour seems to be more obvious. I thought I saw the top fin splitted but I'm not very sure. Can someone explain what is happening? Can a fry get his/her colour in two hours? or is this a disease? thank you!

p.s. strangely the black colour around the eye and the head start to disappear now (3 hours later). The baby looks ok but I can see clear top fin split (split into 3 pieces). Any suggestion? can i leave the fin split to heal by itself?

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

welcome to the forum

Hopefully someone will be along to help with your fry.

Clean water and time will heal splits in fins.