Need Help With Heater For My Betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by kaitou 1412, Apr 9, 2017.

1. kaitou 1412

kaitou 1412New MemberMember

Back story: I had a 2.5 gallon aquarium with a tetra heater 2-15 gallon from Walmart .It explode the fish tank killing my poor betta. But i end up buying a new tank and adopting a betta name bob.My poor betta boy is cold..My familay bought me heater from Walmart. I know it's been a year after my tank broke.I thought i was going to be ok ...every time i plug the heater tho i get panic attack and i hear a boom in my head..am scarred of heater exploding

Is there a heater that's good for acrylic 2-3 gallon fish tank that's safe for me and betta. Please let me know ,been switching of the heater at night

Also Tips of helping my heater fear ?

2. APierce

APierceWell Known MemberMember

I hope I don't give you another panic attack, but honestly, all heaters can break, it just doesn't happen that often, and often times it happens because we, as the people who use them, do something wrong.
    My daughter has a tetra heater in her 2.5 gal acrylic tank and it's never been an issue, she also knows to unplug it when she does water changes, and make sure she puts water back in the tank that is around the same temperature as the tank. Plus she knows that the water level can't get down really low.

3. CaptByMoonlight

CaptByMoonlightNew MemberMember

Place the heater in a separate container of water like a bucket or a big jug turn it on and give test it for a week or more. If you do not feel safe using it you don't have to. You also could heat your room to the toasty 75-80 degrees bettas like so then your boy won't need a heater. [​IMG]

This is also a good cheap heater :) I've used mine for several months with no problems. I had it in a 5g then used It in a 10g.

Best of luck to you and your boy!

4. AllieSten

AllieStenFishlore VIPMember

I use the Aqueon 50W heater in my 5 gallon. I really like it. It is adjustable so I like that I can control it a little better than just the automatic temp heaters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice