10 Gallon Tank Need help with finding good fish

Tylcas

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So I recently moved all my fish from my 10 gallon tank into a bigger tank, and I'm revamping the whole thing. What I was hoping for is a good species that lives by itself or in groups of 2. I want something nice to look at and somewhat easy to care for. I can adjust the parameters to whatever the fish would need. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Edit: Forgot to say this earlier, but I'd like to have a decent amount of plants, about mid-planted, not too much, not too little. Enough to look nice.

- Thanks, Puffer

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
watermelon46 said:
Honey gouramis, or maybe angelfish. It depends on the size of your tank. Check out rams too.
I believe that the tank that the OP is talking about is a 10g :). Although, Honey gouramis would look nice in a 10g if they wont overstock it :).

kanzekatores

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
OP, do you mean for the 10g now, or the revamped stock for your new tank (how large?)?

OP
Tylcas

Tylcas

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
TW2AQUATICS said:
A single Betta I should say^^
I think a betta would be cool. I really like the look of elephant ears!

watermelon46 said:
Honey gouramis, or maybe angelfish. It depends on the size of your tank. Check out rams too.
I've looked at honey gouramis before, and I really like them! I'll have to see if my LFS can get them.

jkkgron2 said:
Maybe 5-6 male endlers? They’re flashy, fun, and hardy :).
I had endlers already, but I moved them into a bigger tank. While I liked them, I'm hoping to try something new out.

Thanks for the recommendations!

OP
Tylcas

Tylcas

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
watermelon46 said:
OP, do you mean for the 10g now, or the revamped stock for your new tank (how large?)?
I meant the 10 gallon I'm fixing up. My bigger tank is what I moved my other fish to, and I think it's full for now :p

AquaCaitlin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I know I’ve been wanting to try out Kilifish... could be fun :p

The_fishy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Betta (try a wild species if you want something different, some are peaceful and could be kept in groups) or maybe certain species of African shell-dweller.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ah, yes, the mythical Perfect Fish, Ichthyodreamus magnificus. Everything good about fish, and nothing bad. Grows to the perfect size for the tank without stunting, thrives on whatever cheap food you give it. Helps tank mates that are having problems, checks the ammonia levels for you.

I haven't found it yet. When I do, obviously I will be giving them away as they would not be a perfect fish if you actually had to pay for them... :clown::clown::D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

AquaCaitlin

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
chromedome52 said:
Ah, yes, the mythical Perfect Fish, Ichthyodreamus magnificus. Everything good about fish, and nothing bad. Grows to the perfect size for the tank without stunting, thrives on whatever cheap food you give it. Helps tank mates that are having problems, checks the ammonia levels for you.

I haven't found it yet. When I do, obviously I will be giving them away as they would not be a perfect fish if you actually had to pay for them... :clown::clown::D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I’ll sign up for 50 of em when you do find them! Should fit in my 10 gal- right? :p

jkkgron2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
chromedome52 said:

Do they need water changes??

OP
Tylcas

Tylcas

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
chromedome52 said:

Lol. Would be nice to have. Sign me up for a bright neon blue one :p

New Threads