Need help with dry ferts

1. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

I am currently dosing with flourish comprehensive and I want to switch to dry ferts. I know absolutely nothing about them and need help with deciding what kinds to get and where to get them.

My tanks are all low light, so I'd like a combination of ferts that will help the plants as much as possible with the light they have.

2. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Since you have low lighting, fish waste and dosing Flourish weekly is all you need as you have slow plant growth.

3. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Agree. Dry ferts are better for high light tanks. If you get dry ferts you can dilute them and use as liquid.

4. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Yeah the dry fertz while alot cheaper really will not give you the gain you want with a low light tank, now if you want to upgrade the lighting you will probably get a payback in a year in savings from buying the liquids but if you like what you have just stick with liquids.

5. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed. Dry ferts are better suited for moderate to high lighting as well as to larger tanks (55G+).

I use Flourish Comprehensive in my low light tanks; and dry ferts in my high light/high tech tanks.

6. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Thanks guys!

I'll just stick to Flourish!

7. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

If you have heavy root feeders, the only other thing you may need is root tabs.

8. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

I have root tabs right now. I'm currently in the process of converting all my tanks to dirt substrate with a sand cap. All I need to do yet is the 36g and 75g!