Need Help With Co2 Kit!

Discussion in 'Plant CO2' started by Alexis Hooten, Apr 12, 2018.

1. A

Alexis Hooten Valued Member Member

So I got myself another CO2 kit for my tank, and I got it all set up.. and then when I started the CO2 flow, the bubbler thats full of water emptied into the tank. So I switched the tubing on the bubbler and tried again. It didnt drain as fast, but it sprayed a little bit of water out of the connections and then emptied itself again over night.
    Do I have the tubes on the wrong way?
    The tube on the valve on the co2 cartridge goes into the bubbler on the side that has the arrow facing away from the bubbler. The tube that goes to the diffuser is on the side with the arrow pointing into the bubbler. (If that makes any sense, its a Fluval CO2 kit for 45g)
    Before it dumped out the first time, the tubes were switched from how I described them above. But after I switched them, the water still dumped out.
    Im sorry if this is a little hard to understand, Ill clarify if needed and send pictures too if that'll help. Just let me know.
    Thanks for the help again!

2. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

I bought the same thing and was never able to get it to work right.

3. OP
    OP
    A

Oooh woooooow! I see how it is Fluval! Well thats a shame, hopefully someone will come along who found a trick to get it to work.

4. ghostlybosun

ghostlybosun Valued Member Member

I have a co2 setup but have never used the fluval kit...
    Generally pneumatic and hydraulic fittings have arrows that mark the direction of flow so you'd want the arrow from the cartridge facing toward the bubble counter and the arrow on top facing away from the bubble counter. So they should both be pointing in the same direction toward your aquarium. Although, that would be the correct set up, I still don't know that it will fix your leak if they use inferior parts.

5. OP
    OP
    A

I purshased a new bubble counter and finally have it up and running, I do still have a leak though at the diffuser. Is it dangerous if the CO2 is leaking out of the tube and not the diffuser?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice