Need Help With Betta Fish

minifuney

Reaction score
Hi Guys! I’m having some trouble with my Betta fish, I recently noticed a white/silver area that’s swollen on my Betta and he is my first fish and I’m not sure what to do. I’ve researched velvet and ich but not sure. Does anyone have any advice what this can be? Do you think I’m over feeding him and causing this? Any answers will be helpful

Attachments

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't see anything in the picture. Where is the area? If it's about where the bottom fin starts it could be bloating from overfeeding and will probably go away. If it's anywhere else, I don't know what it could be

minifuney

Reaction score
The spot is right before his Caudal fin. It’s bulging in the picture, you have to zoom in. I’ll try to retake a better picture when I can. I don’t think it’s from over feeding but I’ll try to reduce his food and see if that helps. Thank you!

CMA13

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
minifuney said:
The spot is right before his Caudal fin. It’s bulging in the picture, you have to zoom in. I’ll try to retake a better picture when I can. I don’t think it’s from over feeding but I’ll try to reduce his food and see if that helps. Thank you!
He's beautiful! Love that blue shade
You talking about that bulge on the right side toward the back? If that's the spot, it looks like maybe he injured himself.
What kind of plants do you have in the tank? I only ask because I recently bought a betta myself and have plastic plants..but one was a little too rough on the edges; ended up splitting his fin. It's healing now, but lesson learned always use Soft plant décor.

minifuney

Reaction score
Thank you! And I thought maybe the decor might have caused the swelling, but I looked back at videos and pictures of him and he had a little silver line on him when I bought him and now that silver line traveled and took over that whole swollen area, so after researching I’m assuming it’s velvet because now his fin is starting to get the silver on it. So I’ve bought some medicine and aquarium salt and waiting for it to arrive and a heater to see if it can help. I’m crossing my fingers

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom