Need Help With Amano

Mop1972

Reaction score
I have had this guy for about three months and he seemed to be doing fine. Zero nitrates zero nitrites zero ammonia pH about 8.2. He looks like he is turning milky white or opaque on the inside. I am not sure if he is beginning a molt or if he is sick or dying. Any advice would be great.

I tried to attach a video but it didn’t work

Attachments

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I hate to say it, but it's often a sign of a bacterial infection or muscular necrosis. Most of the time, it is fatal, but it can take weeks or even months to kill them, so some can even live out their entire normal life times. I've read that salt dips can help, but it was a ratio for cherry shrimp (1 tsp in one cup of tank water for 30-45 seconds), and I'm not sure the ratio for amanos. If the cloudiness is not entirely opaque, it could be just naturally getting ready to molt. I have one and after I got him he turned a bit cloudy, more so than when I got him, not entirely opaque, but he seems to be doing just fine.
Edit: I did have a ghost shrimp turn entirely cloudy everywhere very quickly and it still lived for several months... I actually don't think the necrosis was the cause of death

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You cannot upload videos directly to FishLore. You would need to upload your video to a video hosting site such as You Tube and then link to it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom