Need help with abbreviations!

Richard

Well Known
Reaction score
I see by the number of my posts I'm now a Jr. Member,but I think I'll forever be a newbie because,let's face it,as living creatures,fish have individual personalities..and while someone might learn over time certain basic tenets of rearing aquarium fish,getting to know a fish's individual likes and dislikes is not unlike striking up new friendships and maintaining them through knowing what enhances or ends them...That being said,the newbie in me wants to become familiar with several of the terms you use here,such as LFS..NSLFS..IFC..etc..........help??

Boxermom

Reaction score
LFS-Local Fish Store
LPS-Local Pet Store
NSLFS-Not So Local Fish Store

OP
Richard

Richard

Well Known
Reaction score
Thanks boxermom..printed all the terms I was previously in the dark with,so at least now I can keep up with most of the terminology used here.

Gwenz

Well Known
Reaction score
I've been wondering about all them too. thanks Boxermom (and Richard for asking!)

I was looking at that list and just reading this one made me laugh, don't know why. I think I'm just having a good day and happy all my exams are over at school. LOL.

"FDROTFL - Falling Down Rolling On The Floor Laughing" ;D ;D

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL ... I've never even heard of the "NSLFS" abbreviation, heh ;D

Boxermom

Reaction score
No, not stupid. It was AOL before there was an AOL. Similar sort of thing in the early days.

Boxermom

Reaction score
No, it was a different service, just sorta similar. It was owned by Sears for awhile I believe. This was way back when the internet was just going public, in the very early '90s.

New Threads