Need Help, Which Stand?

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
229
Points
98
Experience
2 years
So i am on a budget. Lowest prices i can find. I am buying a stand for my 29 gallon. I found one but i just cant decide on whether i should buy this stand. It is black and made of steel. I'd probably have to get some wood for the middle. Link below:

Imagitarium Brooklyn 29 Gallon Metal Tank Stand
 

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
1,849
Points
208
Experience
More than 10 years
We have a couple of those and I like them. HOWEVER, you can make one WAY nicer with cabinets and shelves underneath for a lot cheaper.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
229
Points
98
Experience
2 years
DuaneV said:
We have a couple of those and I like them. HOWEVER, you can make one WAY nicer with cabinets and shelves underneath for a lot cheaper.
Very aware of that but my step dad keeps putting the build off and i am done waiting. Had this tank sitting in a box for almost 3 weeks and i cannot wait any more. Is this stand going to be worth it? If i put a board for support will it help?
 

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Messages
13,528
Reaction score
9,826
Points
758
Experience
More than 10 years
Since its engineered for an aquarium it should be fine without added support. The design is preference. The wooden stand that came with my oceonic tank isnt how i would of built it but its been good so far.
 

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
1,849
Points
208
Experience
More than 10 years
A 2x4, a saw, some glue, screws and paint & you can make the stand youre looking at for like $10-$15 bucks.

But like I said, we have 2 of those stands and theyre fine. Its just a lot of money I think. But Im a big DIY kinda guy.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
229
Points
98
Experience
2 years
david1978 said:
Since its engineered for an aquarium it should be fine without added support. The design is preference. The wooden stand that came with my oceonic tank isnt how i would of built it but its been good so far.
Hey david, with added support will it be more then fine? Read some of the reviews and one of them scared me. They said dont buy it unless you want a broken tank with dead fish on the ground. Which is mainly why i am concerned.

DuaneV said:
A 2x4, a saw, some glue, screws and paint & you can make the stand youre looking at for like $10-$15 bucks.

But like I said, we have 2 of those stands and theyre fine. Its just a lot of money I think. But Im a big DIY kinda guy.
Like i said before my step dad keeps putting off the build and i am tired of waiting. I am very aware it would cost cheaper. I would build one by myself but that still in the works and probably won't happen.
 

DuaneV

Well Known Member
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
1,849
Points
208
Experience
More than 10 years
No need for extra support (and nowhere to put it in unless you have a grinder & welder as its tube stock). If you put it together like the directions say you wont have a problem.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
229
Points
98
Experience
2 years
DuaneV said:
No need for extra support (and nowhere to put it in unless you have a grinder & welder as its tube stock). If you put it together like the directions say you wont have a problem.
I hope you are right because that one review scared me pretty bad. I am scared the tank is gonna fall through. Even though it did not happen to him i am still pretty spooked.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #10

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
229
Points
98
Experience
2 years
TexasGuppy said:
I couldn't use an open stand. Where would I put all my fish stuff?
That is not really my concern. My concern is if i can trust this thing to support my expensive tank.
 

pugletfan

Well Known Member
Messages
640
Reaction score
139
Points
63
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have that stand for my quarantine tank. I like it just fine for that purpose. For my 29 gallon display tank I have a wooden stand. My opinion is that it would do the job. I like that you can screw the feet in or out a bit to level it, so it doesn't rock. It's a sturdy metal stand.
 

AquaticJ

Fishlore VIP
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
4,443
Points
458
Experience
5 years
Sorry to scare you even more, but I actually bought that stand a while back and it was uneven and wobbly. One of the pieces was bent when I got it. Might’ve been just bad luck.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom