Need help to identify cory

airedwin

I think I got them as venezuelan cories but I'm starting to think they are just bronze cories

1618345514498.png

this is when i first got them, but i can't remember if they died and i got new ones =/

1618345610974.png

DoubleDutch

Looks like C.aeneus

airedwin

DoubleDutch said:
Looks like C.aeneus
Ya, I think so too, ****. I guess they mislabeled them at the pet store. They did seem more like like Venezuelans when younger. I will go and get some actual Venezuelan cories now. Thanks.

DoubleDutch

Years ago C.venezuelanus wasn't a species on its own and was called C.aeneus as well. Then "crossbreds" were made and even used to "create" a green C.aeneus (though there is a natural.one as well).
Looking at the reddish fins there could be some C.venezuelanus blood in this one.
Years ago C.venezuelanus wasn't a species on its own and was called C.aeneus as well. Then "crossbreds" were made and even used to "create" a green C.aeneus (though there is a natural.one as well).
Looking at the reddish fins there could be some C.venezuelanus blood in this one.
Could you please place another pic cause the pic.makes me doubt now hahahaha

airedwin

DoubleDutch said:
they are so hard to take pics of, they are so shy, anytime i get close they run away, i will try again tomorrow
like i said yesterday maybe it's the dark substrate

airedwin

DoubleDutch said:

1618405146049.png

these i bought yesterday, having my doubts again lol they seemed more red in the store

DoubleDutch

Think those are indeed green Corys ass a result of venezuelanus × aeneus (or aeneus x aeneus in the early days).

A scottish expert once told me that C.aeneus was crossed with C..venezuelanus to get a hardier Cory.
So the captive bred ones can have more or less Aneneus blood for that reason

airedwin

DoubleDutch said:
Think those are indeed green Corys ass a result of venezuelanus × aeneus (or aeneus x aeneus in the early days).

A scottish expert once told me that C.aeneus was crossed with C..venezuelanus to get a hardier Cory.
So the captive bred ones can have more or less Aneneus blood for that reason
What about the new ones I bought?

DoubleDutch

airedwin said:
What about the new ones I bought?
They show more "blotches" that belong to C.venezuelanus

airedwin

DoubleDutch said:
They show more "blotches" that beling to C
venezuelanus
Great, hopefully they are. Thanks for the help.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom