Need help stocking my 20 Gallon Long

CichlidJynx

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I currently have a 20 Long running with a pair of juvenile German Blue Ram cichlids and I was wondering if I should add a Leopard frog pleco (L-134)? I’m currently running a Fluval 207 and I also have Pothos growing. Chemistry: Nh3/4-0ppm, No2- 0ppm, No3- 5ppm, Temp- 84.5f . Thanks for the help!

302DEF5B-A9A8-4205-BA4F-899F9D8DD712.jpeg

Since the picture I have added more botanicals and I plan to order 2 pleco caves.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see 30 gallons quoted as minimum but a 20 long has the sale footprint so you should be good. Temp is good. Seems they are a lousy algae eater as they need a meatier diet. Nice looking fish.

OP
CichlidJynx

CichlidJynx

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
david1978 said:
I see 30 gallons quoted as minimum but a 20 long has the sale footprint so you should be good. Temp is good. Seems they are a lousy algae eater as they need a meatier diet. Nice looking fish.
I know they aren’t that good of an algae eater, I really like the coloration as well!

redtetra

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And I love the dark water look like that. Not enough appreciation for that style.

OP
CichlidJynx

CichlidJynx

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
redtetra said:
And I love the dark water look like that. Not enough appreciation for that style.
Thank you! I really like the Blackwater style, it allows me to treat the fish the most natural

New Threads