Need Help Setting Up A Co2 System In My 60g

Discussion in 'Plant CO2' started by Freshwater28, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Freshwater28

Freshwater28 Valued Member Member

So far ive these items in my cart but i was looking to see if anyone has better recommendations and what else i will need. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1523663024.446358.jpg

2. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

You definetly need check valves and a bubble counter. check valves keep the water from flowing back into the co2 tank. Bubble counter lets you monitor how much co2 is going into the aquarium. Others things you might consider but you don't need is a co2 regulator with timer. Unless you want to always manualying turn your tank off every night, i would get these. It's also good to get extra diffusers since they tend to break rather easy and for cleaning, since you can take one out and soak it in hydrogen peroxide to remove the algae. For co2 fillups, sports stores won't fill up tanks over 5lbs, but any specialty beer store will for usually around $8. My 10 gallon co2 tank usually lasts 4 months.

3. OP
    OP
    Freshwater28

Freshwater28 Valued Member Member

Thank you, how long can a 5l last? For the diffusers do you have any recommendation?

4. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

I can't help you with the 5l but for diffusers, i've used many, and i believe the pollen ones are the best. they don't appear to leak c02 as much as others and have very fine bubbles.

5. I

ILLBETHEJUDGE Valued Member Member

you are missing the solenoid. If you are trying to use the set up is better to go low pressure and use a reactor instead of a diffuser.

6. I

ILLBETHEJUDGE Valued Member Member

i made mine with stuff from ebay and is working perfectly fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice