need help rating my leds

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by luke355027355027, Jan 6, 2013.

1. luke355027355027Well Known MemberMember

Hi i currently have two leds fixtures my 75 gallon freshwater tank and i have no clue what kind of output they hve here are the links

I cant find the link for the second one but heres the kind of bulb i put in it.

I just need some info on where im.at like how many Ks and what kind of plants i could put in

2. outlawWell Known MemberMember

First link info-------------------------

Per the marineland website. I would say no. If you were to experiment. I would start with low light plants and even then only if they are at bargain price so you don't waste a lot of money if it doesn't work.

LINK-  

Q: does this light promote live plant growth Interested in buying one but do not want to kill my plants.
    i have large brazillian swords in my tank have had them for years now dont want to kill them
    Aquarium Type: Freshwater
    Aquarium Size: Mid-Size (20-60g)

A1: TOP 10 CONTRIBUTOR
    You will need the light listed below......The single bright and double bright led will not provide enough light for your application. Link-  

A2: STAFF BEST ANSWER
    You should reference our charts for the appropriate PAR/LUX values on our website. I wouldn't recommend the Single Bright LED for plants, really should be the Reef Capable version. The Double Bright LED's can be used for some plants with lower light requirements.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend the light in A1 (i haven't looked anything up and never used), but you can see from the led specs listed, there is a significant difference between leds used.

Marineland Single Bright
    .06W LED

Marineland Aquatic Plant Lighting System
    1 watt and 3 watt LEDs

End First link info-------------------------
    Second link info--------------------------

I think this would still put you in the low light category. Appears the included daylight bulb is 6500k and ~3w for the entire bulb. This can be compared to a single LED in the Aquatic fixture above having multiple 3W LED's.

Daylight White Graph-
    [​IMG]

If your fixture supports 3 bulbs, IMO, I would get another 6500k daylight and the Colormax for a total of 2x 6500k and 1x Colormax (White and Red leds)

Colormax- http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Colormax-Aquarium-Lamp-Size/dp/B009P63I54/ref=pd_bxgy_petsupplies_img_y

Are these fixtures doubled (2x 48") or one on either side (2x 24")?

Outlaw

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice