Need Help Please!

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by Patrick Morris, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Patrick MorrisValued MemberMember

Every 10 minutes or so, a kind of 'electrical sound' comes from my tank, it souds like something electrical but idk. Could this be the heater or pump but it's a really odd sound and its worrying me.

2. Skullkong101Valued MemberMember

Can you record it and post it on yt? And give us a link please it would help.

3. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

My best guess would be the filter, do you have a filter with an impeller?

4. KiksWell Known MemberMember

What type of sound is it besides 'electrical'? Is it like a buzzing sound, clicking sound?
    Aquariums with heaters, filters and so on do make slight noises, what would worry me is that you say it's a sound that only occurs once every 10 minutes or so. If it's a somewhat quiet "clicking" sound that makes one click it could be your heater turning on and off to keep the temperature stable.

5. Patrick MorrisValued MemberMember

Its like a kind of electrical buzz

6. KiksWell Known MemberMember

What kind of filter do you have?
    And do you have other electrical equipment in there besides your filter and heater?

7. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Unplug everything and plug it back in one by one, giving each one 10-20 minutes

8. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

Could it be the light? I have an old tube light and the water is getting the best of it, so it actually slightly shocks me if I touch it in certain spots since the outside casing is made of metal.
    Otherwise It's likely the impeller of the filter, and you may be able to take it out and rinse it off if there's any grit stuck in it.

9. Patrick MorrisValued MemberMember

I cant do that right now its 1am and I dont want to wake my family up.Can it wait till tomorrow?

10. Patrick MorrisValued MemberMember

could be the light i guess

11. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Sounds like lights to me so id check them first. You might need a new starter