Need help planning for a brackish tank

thefreshwaterpredator

I just bought a new 75 gallon tank and plan to make it a high salinity brackish tank of 1.007-1.010. I was planning on having

2-3 Columbian sharks

1-2 brackish water snowflake eels

I have a couple questions.

1. would these two be good tank mates? anyone have a setup with both of these guys together?

2. would a 75 gallon tank be adequate for a set up like this?

any input is welcomed

CodyJ

Welcome to fishlore I'm sorry I don't have any expertise in brackish hopefully somebody that does will come along

Pyro98711

With the 75 gallon I would only recommend getting 1 eel. The sharks will like to school so 3 would be best
but they can get to 12 inches and the eel 2 feet so I wouldnt recommend any more than that. Also Depending on the age the sharks are freshwater when they are young and as they get older gradually move into a brackishwater setting... So you'll have to be very specific when you check the salt levels to accommodate the eel and shark. unfortunately I'm not an expert but tried to tell you what I can gl

thefreshwaterpredator

I plan to start off with the 3 sharks in .002 and slowly increase the salinity over many months span till I can get it to 1.007-1.010. once I have it around that salinity I will probably add the eel then.

thank you for your input much appreciated.

Pyro98711

Well then it sounds like your knowledge for your future fish seems to be right on track !
BTW I don't there there would be any problems having both of these fish But I hope someone can come along that does have these fish and can tell you for sure

thefreshwaterpredator

I really just needed to get a second opinion on it never hurts to really make sure you get things right.

thanks again guys!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom