Need help on getting rid of my algae

TheUneducatedFishKeeper

New Member
Member
Messages
38
So my tank has been doing pretty good recently especially with plant growth,however I seem to have a problem with algae so far I have green algae on the glass and what I believe to be black beard algae on the rocks and sand is their anyway I can get rid of my algae without harming any plants?
IMG_7869.JPG
.
 

Dunk2

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,528
To reduce the algae growth, you’ll probably want to cut back the amount of time your lights are on. Maybe 4 - 6 hours per day?

Until then, just lightly wipe or brush (toothbrush) it off your plants.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
TheUneducatedFishKeeper

TheUneducatedFishKeeper

New Member
Member
Messages
38
Dunk2 said:
To reduce the algae growth, you’ll probably want to cut back the amount of time your lights are on. Maybe 4 - 6 hours per day?

Until then, just lightly wipe or brush (toothbrush) it off your plants.
Alright I’ll definitely try that should I also cut back on fertilizer I was using what was recommended for my tank however could that also be causing the algae?
 

Dunk2

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,528
TheUneducatedFishKeeper said:
Alright I’ll definitely try that should I also cut back on fertilizer I was using what was recommended for my tank however could that also be causing the algae?
I‘d suggest changing one thing at a time. Try cutting back on the lights first.

Just out of curiosity, how long were you keeping your tank lights on?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
TheUneducatedFishKeeper

TheUneducatedFishKeeper

New Member
Member
Messages
38
Dunk2 said:
I‘d suggest changing one thing at a time. Try cutting back on the lights first.

Just out of curiosity, how long were you keeping your tank lights on?
I wanna say from 9am to 8pm but I just bought a timer I have it set to 9am to 4pm
 

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
237
Guests online
3,171
Total visitors
3,408

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom