Need Help!! Motoro Stingray Problems..[emoji17] Important

Discussion in 'Advanced Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by creative.one696, Apr 13, 2018.

1. c

creative.one696 New Member Member

Hi everyone, i got a motoro stingray a month ago and 4 days ago it started showing signs of death curl.. I put it in a bigger tank with freshwater figuring it's stressed to much in the previous tank. Now in a 135g. Nothing happened in 2 days, has only got worse unfortunately. Can anyone give me any pointers?? I need to try my best to save it 61b3e07f6c8758d35bbd39191f8d939b.jpg 24537f2fbf242647ca522a8d5625f296.jpg 433efb0e86e82ed63a89037817a281da.jpg

2. MissRuthless

MissRuthless Well Known Member Member

I don't know a whole lot about rays as I've never had one, but I've talked a bunch to the guys at my one real LFS about theirs because I'm lowkey obsessed... I know the "death curl" is often a result of malnourishment over time.

What do you feed it? It does look skinny to me. Also is that an open sore behind it's eye? Is the spiracle infected or something? How long has it looked like that? Are there any other wounds, sores or weird spots on it (look at the belly too)?

I doubt this is your problem, but rays much prefer a soft sandy substrate to a bare bottom. Something heavy so it won't get kicked up too much would be good.

3. D

DutchAquarium Well Known Member Member

like it is said above, i think your ray is malnourished. you can see the hip bones protruding from the back.

4. MissRuthless

MissRuthless Well Known Member Member

That's what I thought, and the eyes seem to be protruding quite a bit.

Do you feed any live food? I know they usually love ghost shrimp, and are picky eaters sometimes. It's not always easy to get them to eat dead stuff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice