Need Help Id'ing A Snail And Something Else

1. DuaneV Member Member

So Ive had over a 20 year run keeping snails out of my tanks. It ended 5 or 6 weeks back when I used some watered down bleach (unbeknownst to me) after buying some plants. So, for the past few weeks Ive been busy killing snails in 3 of my tanks.

Yesterday I walked by our Amazon tank and while inspecting the glass closely I found these little TINY white "worm" looking things scurrying across the glass. These are TINY! Like the size of a hair, maybe a 32nd of an inch long at the most. If youre not looking closely, you will NOT see them. No idea what they are. Baby snails of the bigger one?

Which brings me to the bigger one. While inspecting the glass this huge guy comes flying by. Ive never seen a snail move across the glass like this guy. His shell is almost the size of a penny and its translucent. Any ideas what either might be?

Attached Files:

2. EllaFishgerald Initiate Member

The little worms look like either planaria or micro worms and the snail seems to be a ramshorn. I squish those suckers and feed em to my fish. Good luck getting rid of them! Look into DIY snail traps.

3. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

The first one could be a detritus worm, or maybe a newly hatched leech, but not really sure. The second one is defintely a ramshorn.

4. DuaneV Member Member

Crapola. Thanks for the info.