Need Help Identifying This Plec!

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by ChrisTheFishkeeper2004, Apr 18, 2018.

1. ChrisTheFishkeeper2004

ChrisTheFishkeeper2004 Valued Member Member

Hi guys so I just went out to my LFS and got a Pleco... I asked the man what type and he said that he had no idea because they had just came in... /: if it is a common Plec then I will be giving him to my friend who has a 500 gallon tank with other common Plec is. My tank is a 75 gallon but I do have smaller Cory’s and shrimp and having something over 12 inches isn’t ideal for my other fish. Could someone here please identify the cute little guy?

Attached Files:

2. Rainbows and Fishes

Rainbows and Fishes Valued Member Member

I think its a common type

3. OP
    OP
    ChrisTheFishkeeper2004

Ok thanks dang, does anyone know for sure? I also just took another pic of him, hope this might help a bit more

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. Alex420

Alex420 New Member Member

it looks like a Common Pleco, mine is about 1.5 inches but he looks slightly more round headed than yours. I am pretty sure it is

5. OP
    OP
    ChrisTheFishkeeper2004

Ok thanks! If anyone has any other suggestions on what you think it is please let me know.

6. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

It is a type of common pleco, they can range from 12-24 inches in the home aquarium, they need more than algae in their diet because they are not algae eaters.
    It is not a smaller common pleco either it should reach at least 14 inches with a large enough tank and care.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice