Need help identifying this flat egg/baby snail?

Sarasacco

Hello,

I have been seeing these flat, hard, deposits on my tank glass and plant leaves. I am thinking it might be a snail since I do see baby snails from time to time, but it doesn’t look like eggs. Any clue what type of creature is in here?? I have prob 15-20 of these that I can see around the tank.

For background I have a heavily planted freshwater tropical tank with betta, mystery snails, nerite snails, and blue dream shrimp.
I have found many baby snails that are not bred from my snails (starting seeing them before my purchased snails were introduced)

Kribensis27

They look like freshwater limpets. I would keep them, they’re cool.

Upvote 0

John58ford

I thought they were whiter than that but I've never had them in freshwater. I think those are nerite eggs. They won't hatch unless you have a brackish mix.

The other snails you are seeing are likely bladder or ramshorns, their eggs are little clear blobs but they typically have several smaller blobs inside that develop into snails. I have yet to keep a snail that would still be clear as large as those pictures.

Edit: today I learned. I had not seen freshwater limpets. I agree after a quick look that they do look like a limpet.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Nerite eggs are usually pure white with no clear stuff. I think they are Limpets too.

Upvote 0

Sarasacco

They look like freshwater limpets. I would keep them, they’re cool.

Yep I looked up freshwater limpets and that does seems like what I see. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
5 Gallon Tank What snail is this?
Replies
Views
pagoda
  • Question
Replies
Views
Redshark1
Replies