Need Help Identifying Baby Betta

1. W

Wateryoudoing New Member Member

IMG_20170805_060813_832.jpg y IMG_20170805_060813_832.jpg IMG_20170805_060837_683.jpg IMG_20170805_060859_113.jpg My roommate and I decided to get a betta fish, without much research unfortunately. I've had a betta in the past, he lived about 3 or 4 years but it was when I was much younger. Of course, we were lured in by the baby bettas at petco so we can "watch it grow." I've come to realize this was a bad mistake. I think the fish may actually be a full grown female? But I could be wrong. I was hoping some lovely people on here could help me identify whether it appears to be male or female. The pictures aren't too good (he/she isn't very photogenic). He/she also is not in a tank yet because we are letting the new tank run for 24 hours.

2. Planted Aquatics

Planted Aquatics Valued Member Member

That isn't full grown yet, but it looks to be a veiltail. It looks like a male as well. What size tank do you have?

3. OP
    OP
    W

Wateryoudoing New Member Member

I figured it was a veiltail, but from some pictures online it looked like it could be female. Right now we have a 3 gallon tank with a few hiding spots. We'll probably keep him in that until he is full grown.