Need Help Identifying A Fish In My Tan Question

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Alltema00, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Alltema00

Alltema00 New Member Member

I bought this from my local aquarium store (Quantum Reefs in Springfield, VA) 3 months ago, but I haven't really a clue as to what it is. I remember asking him if this were an african cichlid and he said no. I know he said no, because if he'd said yes I wouldn't have bought it. Need the aquarium community's knowledge on this one.

Attached Files:

2. B

Bryson Zheng New Member Member

Maybe a female apistogramma ? It looks like a cichlid for sure though . Hope this helps !

3. OP
    OP
    Alltema00

Message Edited

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  4. OP
    OP
    Alltema00

Thank you. There is another unidentified fish in my tank that is without a doubt Apistogramma. The cichlid in the picture above, only reacts to what the Apistogramma is doing, so this may be relationship between Apistogramma of different sexes.

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

A.agassizi red flame tail I'd say.

6. OP
    OP
    Alltema00

A.agassizi is definitely right. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me! I'm smiling cause of you. It's a fun fish to watch. Funniest thing I ever saw in an aquarium is this fish ramming a dwarf gourami, and the dwarf gourami didn't even notice, almost like hitting a brick wall.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice