Need Help Identifying A Female Betta

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Looks like a fat, mature blue marbled female. Not quite HM so perhaps be VT, I’d need her tail to be spread out more to be sure.

OP
D

Dragonloverjas

Reaction score
Demeter said:
Looks like a fat, mature blue marbled female. Not quite HM so perhaps be VT, I’d need her tail to be spread out more to be sure.
Yes, she’s definitely very fat she takes everyone else’s food. She’s always been pretty fat since I got her, she’s a bit less fat compared to when I got her. Here’s some more photos that hopefully picture her tail a bit better

Attachments

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I can see now how the tail rays split 2-3 times so she definitely has some HM genes in her but they aren’t expressed by the spread too well IMO. She also has spiked edges were-as a good HM wouldn’t. I suppose you could call her a delta tail though.

CMB

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Dragonloverjas said:
Yes, she’s definitely very fat she takes everyone else’s food. She’s always been pretty fat since I got her, she’s a bit less fat compared to when I got her. Here’s some more photos that hopefully picture her tail a bit better
I would say, given my great knowledge of betta varieties, that you have a very pretty fish there.

OP
D

Dragonloverjas

Reaction score
Demeter said:
I can see now how the tail rays split 2-3 times so she definitely has some HM genes in her but they aren’t expressed by the spread too well IMO. She also has spiked edges were-as a good HM wouldn’t. I suppose you could call her a delta tail though.
Thanks for the help!

LHanna61

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Demeter said:
Wow! you know your stuff! very impressive

New Threads