Need Help ! Goldfish Acting Weird After Ich Treatment

1. Over It Well Known Member Member

So I posted earlier today about my Goldfish getting Ick and what med i should use to treat it.
    Long story short, I got API Super Ick Cure and added the first does this afternoon.

I will totally admit this was my fault and today has just absolutely not been my day and I forgot to take out one of the filter cartridges with carbon in it before I added the meds.

I decided the best course of action would be to add another cartridge back in and let them get the meds out and redose.

Well Since I did the second dose after leaving the carbon in for about an hr. 1 of my Goldfish has been acting weird. To be fair she was acting kinda off in the first place, but now she is darting around the tank then staying very still in one spot for a little while and darting off again. It's almost like she is acting like something scares her and she takes off, but there's nothing to scare her.

Honestly I'm really not sure what to do from here. Do I do a large water change, leave the carbon in overnight and redose tomorrow or just leave it as is and hope she'll be fine.
    My other Goldfish is acting perfectly normal so I'm really not sure what is going on.

2. toolman Well Known Member Member

Just my opinion, but I would immediately take the carbon out no matter what else I did. Then I believe I would leave everything be until the next scheduled dose, unless I knew the water conditions were off. Then do a big water change before dosing again.

3. Over It Well Known Member Member

Oh I'm sorry. I should have been clearer about that. I took the carbon out before I dosed the tank a second time.
    Strangely enough she is starting to act a bit more normal now. I really really have no clue what is going on with her.