Help Need help getting a heater

GuppiesOwner34

Reaction score
I'm a 16-year-old student who can't work at the moment due to coronavirus outbreak. I spent most of my money on a 30-gallon fish tank, and now I've purchased a 3.5-gallon tank for my new guppy fry so the other guppies don't eat them. I thought the tank came with a heater which it doesn't sadly. I don't have enough money to purchase the 10 watt heater.

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Depending on where you are located, I could send you my spare 7.5 watt heater. Perfect for a 3.5 gallon tank, but nothing fancy.

OP
GuppiesOwner34

GuppiesOwner34

Reaction score
HI that sounds awesome it doesn't need to be fancy. I live In Cambridge Ontario, Canada

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Let me look into the feasibility and cost of shipping to Canada. I'll get back to you some time tomorrow.

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Unfortunately, sending a package to Canada right now is significantly more costly than buying a new heater. I wish you luck getting a heater - keep an eye out for locals looking to sell used items.

OP
GuppiesOwner34

GuppiesOwner34

Reaction score
Alright that's fine. Thank you though. I just found one of my old 75 watt heaters and I'm currently using that for my 3.5 gallon guppy fry tank. The heater auto turns off when it reaches a certain temp which is 77f so hopefully they will be fine.

New Threads