Need Help For My Cloudy Fry Tank

blackguilty

Reaction score
Any suggestion what should i do for my fry tank?
Yesterday until 2 hours ago, the water is quite clear to see. But right now it suddenly turned cloudy. Is it okay or i need to do something to save my fry? I add photo to compare between my clear aquarium and the fry tank
20180425_142551.jpeg
20180425_142546.jpeg

blackguilty

Reaction score
Yeah this is a new tank. Some people said that it could be a bacteria bloom. It's more clear now but still little cloudy. So just need the tank cycled? And how often must I change the water?

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Might just be there for a sec

Yeah cycle the tank and do a 30-50% daily water change. Don't totally trust me though leave it to the smart people.

Hope it improves

leftswerve

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The "some people" that are already giving you advice should give more.
If it is a bloom, it will work itself out, not bigs.
If it is ammonia, because nothing is cycled. You should start a new thread " how do I cycle my aquarium and what do I do with these fry".
Water changes will help on the ammonia side, but that is not the end of that story,
Good luck

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
With any fish-in cycle all you need to do is daily water changes. You can also add ammonia lock as well, just in case.

The fry will grow faster with more frequent water changes as it removes the growth inhibiting hormones that the fry produce. So don’t worry about stressing them put too mich, just do it slowly.

The bacterial bloom will fox itself given time but water changes should help.

I see a sponge filter, which is perfect. If you’ve got another tank with established media I suggest you take it out and rinse it in the fry tank. While it will make a bit of a mess, you will also get some of the bacteria to be washed off and as the sponge filter does its thing it should pick up the crud from the other media, bacteria included. This is called seeding a tank, which is far faster then not seeding a tank when cycling it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom